Hangman Barrel Hanger 1-1/2″ X 12 TPI With Separate Recoil Lug
This patent pending tool was conceived and designed from a continuing need in our shop to protect rifle barrels during gunsmithing and Cerakote activities. This simple tool solves multiple issues during Cerakote work and barrel machining. The Hangman is intended to be used on the muzzle and breech end of a rifle barrel that is threaded at both ends in order to provide maximum protection. The Hangman comes in various diameters and thread pitches to fit a wide range of barrel muzzles and barrel tenons. We are proud to be able to manufacture this tool in house and offer it to gunsmiths and professional Cerakote shops as well as DIY gun owners.
- This Hangman barrel hanger is designed specifically to fit a McMillan TAC 50 rifle barrel with a tenon threaded 1-1/2″ x 12 TPI that is used with the TAC 50 receiver that uses a separate recoil lug up to .485″ thick. This Hangman has a counterbore cut into the end to allow the Hangman to pass over the recoil lug bearing area and make a positive seal against the barrel shoulder when fully threaded to the barrel. This Hangman works with all 1-1/2″ X 12 TPI barrels that use a separate recoil lug up to .485″ thick.
- Protects the muzzle threads during sandblasting work prior to Cerakote or Duracoat application.
- Extra wide hanger body fully protects the barrel shoulder from hard contact while working inside the sandblast cabinet.
- Prevents blast media from getting inside the barrel during sandblast work.
- Protects barrel muzzle threads, shoulder, and crown from blast media.
- Use the Hangman to conveniently hang the barrel while spraying with Cerakote or Duracoat.
- Prevents coatings from getting inside barrel, on muzzle threads, crown, and face of shoulder.
- A 3/16″ through hole in the top of tool allows user to insert hooks, wires, or other means to hang the barrel while spraying coatings.
- The Hangman is designed to be used to hang barrels in high temperature curing ovens. Leave the Hangman installed after spraying coatings and place in the curing oven with the same Hangman installed. Using the same Hangman and hook after spraying coatings simplifies the transition to the curing oven and reduces potential contact of the wet coating causing smudges.
- The Hangman can be used to protect the muzzle threads and shoulder during machining with lathes and mills. It provides huge protection for the muzzle threads and shoulder while inserting barrels through lathe headstocks. Works great at mills during fluting and other machining operations.
- The Hangman provides excellent barrel thread protection while moving barrels around the shop, during storage, and shipping.
- The Hangman is made from a specific steel that won’t gall stainless steel barrel threads even when barrel threads are 100% free of grease and oil which is mandatory during sandblasting, applying coatings, and oven curing.
- Knurled surface provides solid grip threading Hangman on and off barrels.
- The Hangman is intentionally over designed to be extra wide to fully protect the shoulders of the widest barrels. Heavy duty design provides nearly indefinite reuse even under harsh abuse from sandblasting, painting, high temperature ovens, and hard use around the shop.
- Hangman comes coated with red Cerakote for easy identification in tool chests.
- Proudly manufactured in Pennsylvania, United States Of America.